Sunday, November 23, 2008

Konnichi wa = Hello



I dropped Wes off at the airport this morning for his trip to Tokyo, Japan. We have had fun this week reading about...well...how you are supposed to act in Japan. How you greet someone, how you never ever tip, and the best one is how to let everyone know how much you are or are not enjoying your soup! The louder you slirp your soup means the more your are really enjoying it. The flight will take 16 hours and time difference is 15 hours, it is already Monday morning there! He is probably somewhere over the Pacific ocean right now and I expect to hear from him between 2am and 3am monday morning here. This get's really confusing!

This Thanksgiving will be like no other that I have experienced in my life. Mom,Dad,Lynley,Landry,Stacey,Doug,&Christi are working @ the Samaritan inn serving food, Calvin & Beverly are going to South Carolina, Mema is going to be with Vicki and the boys in New York, and Mike and Cindy are staying in Cordell to celebrate with their kiddos. I will have no family with me to celebrate all the things we have to be grateful for!Free Smiley Face Courtesy of www.FreeSmileys.org But I am so thankful to have each and every member of my family, the Lord has truly given me so much more then I will ever deserve!

Here is a picture of my Halloween/Thanksgiving/Fall Decor!


Bye! or Sayonara (Sa-yo-na-ra).

3 comments:

  1. Your fall decorations are darling- we had such fun last year @ Halloween with y'all and Scoutie in his admiral's coat;Mom did get her sayonara call from the AP before Wes left- i was very happy! Sure will miss being together over Thanks., but we do have many blessings to count- love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of tearing up! You should maybe get you a plane ticket fly to
    Mindy's on Wed. then come here with her. We would love to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with mom fly to Tulsa and then we can ride together to Cordell! I'm sad you are going to be alone on Thanksgiving! That's cool that Wes gets to go to Japan

    ReplyDelete