Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Have you noticed all of the fabulous drink dispensers they are coming out with lately? Well first off you should know that I have a thing for dishes and containers of all sorts! Tupperware makes me happy. In fact,(I am starting to veer off subject) I ordered these tupperware pieces probably about a year ago and happily keep my cereal and Wes'cookies safely sealed inside. It brings back memories from staying at my Grandparent's farm house in Southwest Oklahoma.


I really not OCD at all, I just wish I was! I look at those people with perfectly organized kitchen pantries, shelves, refrigerators and oh the envy...I try, but it only lasts a few days! I'm an OCD wannabe. I wish I could live up to my Grandmother's standards! Lord knows I try!
Speaking of memories, on my last trip home to McKinney, I was helping my mom in the kitchen and came across some of Mema's old containers that she used to freeze fresh peaches in. I got really excited and mom gave them to me! ♥ (I was going to take a picture of it but Wes left it at work-rats.)
Back to the drink dispensers-- I get emails from potterybarn.com and occasionally I will open one and scan through to see what kind of goodies they have even though I know I can't afford them. And of course, I found a piece I loved, LOVED. I contemplated buying it for weeks. The price-- $69 big ones (BTW--now on sale for $55), was just too much to drop on a big, beautiful drink dispenser (that also happens to fit perfectly with my obsession for mason jars). But I just couldn't justify the price, maybe if my dreams of fabulous entertaining were more then just that.


Makes me want to back porch sit with a big bowl of watermelon!

It screams PICNICS & SUMMERTIME!

I was almost over the "I love the huge mason jar antique looking pottery barn beautiful drink dispenser but it's too expensive and I don't really have anyone to entertain" thing when I happened across a similar much less expensive version at World Market:

Granted, it is not AS cute but for $14.99 and a savings of $54? You can't hardly beat that with stick!! And no, I have not had any fabulous dinner parties to use it at, yet, but I did get to fill it with icy cold water and set it on the back porch for the roofers (ya we got a new roof, more on that later) to drink out of a couple weeks ago. And right now it is full of cold tea and sitting in the "beer fridge" out in the garage. So I am content now that I found my cute little drink dispenser and will patiently wait for the day I can use it at my fabulous dinner party that I WILL have one day!

Do you see my OCD fail? That fridge is nasty dirty! oh well~ Wine anyone?
And just for fun check out these other gorgeous drink dispensers:

I absolutely LOVE this one too. They just marked it down from $129 to $52! Help me justify why I should have two drink dispensers!!

Isn't it so pretty!?





Oh and a quick shout out for all my birthday friends~ Matt- TODAY! HAPPY BDAY! Christi- MONDAY--HAPPY BDAY! CAL-- June 4th-HAPPY BDAY! Love yall!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this post Haley! You should check out Stein Mart for your drink dispenser addiction! The last time I was there(haha yesterday), they had all kinds of these. I, by the way am an OCD wannabe as well. I too envy my Mamaw's perfectly organized clean everything in her house! I'm like Monica from Friends - I have to have a junk closet or too! Everything else looks "organized" though :)

    ReplyDelete